Monday, December 12, 2011

Weekend 10-11 Dec

Since Mom and Dad stayed over at the hospital Friday night, they were there for my feedings all night!  And I think were surprised at how noisy it is in the hospital at night between me, Ben, the various machines beeping, and other babies crying in other rooms, I'm not sure how much sleep they got! (they should just learn to sleep through all that junk like I do - heck, I even sleep through half my feedings!)

All the same, even aside from all the other hospital noises, I'm not sure how they're going to deal
with us when we come home - gonna be hard to get any sleep!  For instance, after Dad fed me at the 11pm feeding while Mom caught a nap, they were both up for my 2am feeding....
...and again at 5am, when I was awake and did a good job drinking my bottle:


(still not such a fan of being burped, even though I'm getting pretty good at making big loud ones.  Once I learn the alphabet I'm going to try burping that - I've heard that's a tough achievement but I feel up for it)

...and then again for the 8a.m. feeding!  (I tried to be awake and extra-cute to make it worth their while since I knew they were pretty pooped)

Not sure where they fit any sleeping in there!  Especially since it takes awhile to do my temperature and diaper and then feed me, so really it's only like 2 hours off between feedings.  Better invest in some caffeine pills...

Since my old outfit had a little bit of spit-up on it, I put on a new one for my 11am diaper change.  I've heard horizontal stripes make you look bigger, so figured it couldn't hurt to try and see if maybe it would make them think I was bigger and ready to go home.

Unfortunately, no dice on that plan - but a cute outfit nonetheless, don'tcha think?

Anyhow, Mom breastfed me again at 11 a.m. and I did pretty well, even waking up a bit at the end:




After the 11 a.m. feeding Mom and Dad left to go get some sleep at home while I stayed to get some sleep in my crib.

Sunday morning they were back again, as I found when I half-awoke from my milk coma and peeked out of my swaddling:

I was too sleepy to have a bottle - resting up to watch the Packers game in the afternoon - so Dad held me while I got my gavage feeding.

Aren't I just adorable?  Hmm, I just noticed I'm still surprisingly little - look how big Dad's hand is relative to my head!  Oh well, a lot of growing still to do.

The doctor also said my bilirubin levels are a little elevated so they're going to watch them.  Hopefully I won't have to go under the blue lights again, but we'll see!  TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Mark and Jess for "braving spending the night"!:) There will be many a sleepless nights ahead of you....unfortunately....I remember that Matt and I felt like we were on auto-pilot and really just trying to keep our heads above water when both Isaac and Sophia got home. It is a bit crazy, but than I often marvel at all those other people that have triplets or quads!!!!:) Get as much sleep as you can before those kiddos head home!:) SO glad to read all of their progress. Keeping you guys in our prayers. Love the Provenzano's

    ReplyDelete