Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Monday 5 Dec

Big news today, here's a hint:
Hmm... a room with our names on it that's NOT the nursery, what could that mean?  Guessed it yet?

Well, let's start at the top.
 
For some reason they decided to go all metric on me, luckily for those of you who can't convert in your head I have Google's unit converter, which tells me 1965 grams is 4 lb. 5.3 oz.  Which means I'm up again from yesterday - go me!

Still doing well off my cannula, with very few desats.  In fact, I'm doing well enough that they decided I was ready to move to Special Care Nursery!  So when Mom and Dad came by in the afternoon I was finishing a feeding while they were getting me ready for transport:
Notice my name placard taped to the crib?  They loaded all my stuff up onto the crib's cart and then Nurse Nancy wheeled me over there.  It was a long journey:

(I cut out the 15 minutes of walking through empty underground tunnels since they all look the same - suffice it to say that eventually we got there!)

Once I got there, they checked me in with the special care nurses while I slept to recuperate from the journey (What?  Being wheeled around is a lot of work!  It's not like the ground was smooth the entire way, I was getting jostled a bit....)


Anyway, it occurred to me that this was now my fifth home (not counting Mom's belly) - that's gotta be some kind of record for a seven-week-old, right?  I was in NICU nursery B, then NICU nursery C, then NICU nursery H (I think we skipped some letters in there but haven't learned the alphabet yet so not sure which ones) (yes, I recognize the irony of not knowing the alphabet while having a blog, but as I've explained before I don't know the spelling and stuff, I just tell Dad what to write and he's the one who has to worry about the actual letters and words), and now Special Care.

I have to say, it's pretty fancy - Ben and I have our own room!  I mean, ideally I'd like my own room just for me, but this isn't too shabby; we each have our own side of the room, our own monitor, our own couch and TV.  Take a look:

I tried to look around the room more but it was pretty bright:

Once Mom and Dad got the lights figured out better I was able to wake up and see them, as well as look around the new digs a bit.

Pretty big day, huh?  I'm gonna get a good night's sleep and try to check out more of Special Care tomorrow, stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!!! So glad to see that they are moved to the Special Care Nursery...praying it is all uphill from here on this crazy rollercoaster journey. They have done AMAZING!!!! You all are one step closer to home!:) Than the fun really begins!:)

    ReplyDelete