Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday 19 Dec

Hey everybody!  Basically another day of working on my eating and developing.  Still no more bradies but the doctor says I also need to finish all my feedings and be gaining weight every day before I can go home.

Had an ultrasound this morning to check on my PDA (the hole in my heart, not an electronic planner or inappropriate behavior LOL).  I was a little annoyed by it - came right in the middle of my feeding with Mom - but Dad gave me my paci and held my hand so I tried to stay calm and just get it over with.

After it was over I went back in my crib for a bit - and I'd like to point out that those wet spots on my outfit are from the ultrasound gel, hence not my fault:

Mom did some more breastfeeding with me at that feeding (my 11:30) then I had bottles the rest of the day.  I did well on my 2:30 feeding, finishing the whole thing (though needed to be burped a whole bunch of times, like every 5-8 ml!), and they upped my volume to 45 ml per feeding to try to get my weight up some more.

At my 5:30 feeding I was a little less successful, I think because I was still sleepy.  I ended up taking almost my whole feeding from a bottle, but it took me about 40 minutes to do so which Dad says is too long and I need to pick it up.

After that lengthy effort to eat I was pooped and went right back to sleep!

We'll see how things go overnight - they're trying me on a different bottle that's supposed to reduce the amount of air I take in which would help me sleep better.  Will report back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment