Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wed 16 Nov

Put on a little weight at 3 lb. 13.9 oz.  Since I've been doing better with my feedings they're going to increase them by 1 ml every feeding until I'm up to a full (35ml) feeding.  So far so good!


Mom and Dad both came to visit this afternoon, and Mom got to hold me for a good long time.

I had my eyes open for a little while and was looking around when they first took me out of the incubator, but then was nice and cozy so fell asleep and stayed asleep the rest of the time.  I was also busy this afternoon trying to get a poop out which as Mom noticed required me to constantly scrunch up my face, which got really red a couple times from the effort!

Breathing-wise I did okay today but am still needing a little extra oxygen (about 23%) to avoid desats, so the doctor said I probably won't be ready to come off CPAP in the next few days, especially after Dad pointed out that when I was briefly off CPAP yesterday while they were changing some of the tubing I had a major desat and took a long time to come back.

Overall a good day - got to be held for over an hour, and doing a good job with my digestion!

No comments:

Post a Comment