Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sat 19 Nov

Holding steady at 3 lb. 11 oz.  Minor setback in that they did end up needing to put me on nasal cannula this morning since I had some desats overnight when I was breathing completely on my own.  All the same, this is a huge improvement over the giant CPAP tubes and headgear, wouldn't you agree?

Mom and Dad came early this afternoon and since I've been stable for awhile was allowed to do kangaroo care which hadn't happened in awhile.  I woke up to check things out when I first snuggled up with Dad, and even got to take a peek at Mom before she sat down with Ben.


After I decided everything was okay, I tried to do some breastfeeding but that didn't work out (apparently that works better with Mom) so they gave me my food through a tube again.  With my meal automatically going into my stomach that left me free to take advantage of my newly unoccupied mouth (they moved my feeding tube to my nose - I'm not gonna complain, it's nice to be able to move my tongue around without that stupid tube in there).  So I grabbed my pacifier (okay, Dad grabbed it and stuck it in my mouth, but I held it in after that) and took a nice long nap.
I slept there for about two hours very peacefully - in fact Dad says that for an entire hour I didn't set off ANY alarms, even just for a second or two.  So I was pretty proud of that. 

Once they put me back in the incubator Nurse Brittany dressed me in some clothes that Grandma A had made me.  I did my best to help getting them on.

Pretty stylish, no?  The hat's still a little big but I'll grow into it.

Finally, before going to sleep I did my pope impression and blest everyone....

...then I settled down to sleep some more - putting on clothes is a lot of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment