Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday 26 Nov

Holding steady at 3 lb. 15 oz.  Nurse Sandy had just finished changing my diaper and was putting my clothes on when Mom and Dad arrived this morning.

Since it was time for my feeding, they decided to try me on the bottle again.  Dad took it on this time.  I was pretty sleepy at first, which we've discovered isn't very conducive to bottle success.
After about 10 minutes of not really anything happening, Nurse Sandy said that maybe I wouldn't really be able to handle the bottle today.  Well, you know me - don't like anyone counting me out!  So I immediately started chowing down just to show her.
She had put 28 ml in the bottle and I finished off ALL of it in a row (well, with one burping session in between where I spit up on Dad's hand).  She was duly impressed - in fact, she hadn't even put my whole 32 ml feeding in the bottle since I was so sleepy they thought I wouldn't eat much!  They refilled the bottle and Dad tried to get me to eat the remaining four, but I was back asleep by that time - I figured I had made my point and didn't have anything else to prove!

After trying to get me to finish the feed for a few minutes, they realized it wasn't going to happen and gave the rest of it to me through my tube while I slept.  Then Dad held me while I napped and digested for awhile.
By the time they put me back I had been out for 2 and half hours - almost time for my next feeding!  So that was a nice change of pace being out of my incubator for that long, and I had a nice visit with Dad.

I got wrapped up like a burrito again -
- and called it a day.  I was busy and need my beauty sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment