Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fri 18 Nov


Big news today!  But you have to read to the bottom to find out what it is!  (see what I did there?  It's called creating suspense, thereby increasing my readership and the chance that I'll hit it big, attract advertisers, and thus have a way to pay my NICU bills!)
Weight down a little to 3 lb. 11 oz. but that could just be losing excess fluids - I still think I can catch up to Ben now that my belly's doing a lot better with less air in it!  I've had small or no residuals the last few feedings so clearly my digestive tract is behaving better.
My feedings are already up to 33 ml per time, but now they're adding more of that fortifier stuff to bring the calories up to 24 cal./oz.  So that should help me put on weight too.



Dad came by in the morning to visit before work and I was a bit fussy so he was helping me with my pacifier.
Then before he left he arranged it so my blanket would hold it in, and I was snug as a bug in a rug!
 So what's the big news?  Well, when Mom came by later in the day she found that I had gone from this:
to this:
That's right folks, I'm off of CPAP!  In fact, I'm not on ANY breathing support right now, though the doctor said there's a decent chance I'll go onto nasal cannula if I'm having too many spells overnight.  For now, though, it feels pretty good to be breathing on my own - AND it means everyone can finally see this gorgeous mug:
Here's looking at you, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment