Friday, November 18, 2011

Thurs 17 Nov

My weight's up a little to 3 lb. 12.9 oz. - been making good progress since I got rid of that extra air in my tummy the other day!  I'm up to 31 ml per feeding and handling it well now (amazing how much easier it is to digest when your stomach isn't full of gases!).  In fact, they're continuing to push me up 1 ml every two feedings until I hit 33ml, which is supposedly the maximum I'm allowed at this weight (though if I act really hungry maybe I can con the nurses into giving me some more - I heard Ben has been having some digestive issues the past couple days so trying to take advantage of that to catch up to him).
Interesting day.  The occupational therapist came by in the morning and tried to get me doing some yoga.  Not sure what the point of that is - they realize I'm a BABY in an INCUBATOR, right? - but figured it couldn't hurt so let her do her thing moving my legs around and such and just sort of went along with it.  Whatever floats their boat.

On a more exciting note, the OT also moved me up a size in pacifier so I could better "practice sucking" - as if I need practice, I have that DOWN.  But definitely like the bigger pacifier which I was then enjoying all day.

Holding steady on my CPAP at 21% oxygen with the pressure all the way down (level 4) and still no major desat spells.  The doctor said if I hold steady overnight they might try taking me off CPAP tomorrow; I'm a little skeptical of that (last attempt to breathe without it did NOT go well) but I guess they're the experts so we'll see.

Dad came by in the evening right on time to do my temperature and change my diaper.  Since they had taken my pacifier away in the afternoon, I took advantage of being unswaddled with my hands free to try sucking on those instead:

Not quite the same, and it's hard to fit my hand in there with the CPAP and feeding tubes in the way, but better than nothing.  Thankfully Dad figured out what I was up to and gave me the paci back which is my preferred solution anyway.  Hoping for a good night so I can try life after CPAP tomorrow and if nothing else get a little time with less stuff taped to my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment