Saturday, November 26, 2011

Friday 25 Nov

6 weeks old and going strong - put on another 2 ounces!  So now after a minor weight setback earlier this week I'm closing in on 4 lb., again, just an ounce away at 3 lb. 15 oz.
I'll keep it short today in honor of the holiday weekend, but don't worry, you'll still get plenty of pictures of me (I know what my audience wants!).

The big news to report is that I continue to get better at bottle feeding.  Mom fed me today, and I took 25 of my 32 ml feeding via bottle! (got the rest of it through my tube later).  It's definitely a big help for me to be awake when they want me to try to eat, as opposed to a couple days ago when I was asleep and only took 1 ml.  As you can see, today I was alert from the moment they took me out of the incubator:


This is still new to me, so it took me a little while to figure out what was going on and remember what I was supposed to do with the bottle.



Once I figured out that they wanted me to eat, though, I went right to town:
Had a good meal and a nice visit with Mom, then passed out on her shoulder for a nice nap afterwards.  A good day!

2 comments: